take5
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk about ANYTHING in the world here!

+2
Priscilia
xing jie
6 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Talk about ANYTHING in the world here! - Page 2 Empty Re: Talk about ANYTHING in the world here!

Post by Edwin Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:26 am

I will quote a few points. Those underlined sentences will be what I will emphasize on.

Mu Ming wrote:
meaning i would also (1)defend my view, since i always stand on one side, and usually i would be at the opposite side, because i used to like to debate with people. the (2)harder and illogical my view is, the more i want to win! so ya, maybe i don like him because everyone likes him? cos (3)i still find that it's over rated. so defensive to me is partly also to not having an open mind. thus, might not be good in the future.
(4)without abrasion, bonds are not strong no matter what.
1) When you said defending your view, have you sought the truth and facts behind it? If not, you wouldn't be called defending your view, you are simply being egoistic and full of pride. Furthermore, you said you like to debate with people, that is being debative. Not defensive. And oh wells, you have a competitor here. Me. (:

2) You are saying that the more irrational your points are, the more you want to prove them right. But when it is illogical, it will never be logical to be right. Thus, again it is a matter of pride and ego when all you want to, is to prove your point being right to WIN. The word "win" has already shown how much you cared about your pride and ego.

3) You find people loving Michael Jackson as over rated. How much do you know about him? I just finished a show on channel 5; "Michael Jackson: Picking up the pieces" which basically talked about his entire life. The host said something which I cannot deny. "Michael Jackson is a part of everyone's life. Be it young or old, he plays a part" and tell me how will you deny this sentence. I will not call this a fact but I will say it is true. Every teenager, every pre-teen, every young adult, every adult and every old people would have heard Michael Jackson's songs at least once in their life time. He is a legend who created trends, he is one of the few nobles who made wrongs right. Thus, on the contrary I feel that this worldly sensation caused by his death is under rated. He deserved more than this.

4) It is only true to a certain extent. It depends on how much friction you will apply to the bond. Too much will break it. Too little will have no effect. Or rather, let me put it this way. Abrasion is not a factor which strengthens bonds. The most important factors are the understanding and your magnanimity towards your friends or loved ones. You can have strong bonds without abrasion as long as you are understanding enough and forgiving enough. Humans are born sore losers. A slight abrasion can bring about a major destruction.

Mu Ming, you can treat this as a debate. But ensure it is a friendly one. You will not like it when my finger releases hell. WAHAHAHAA! I think a few of them here, if not all have seen my wrath before. I am not called the "human torch" in office for no reason. No hard feelings ar. (:
Edwin
Edwin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Talk about ANYTHING in the world here! - Page 2 Empty Re: Talk about ANYTHING in the world here!

Post by xing jie Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:36 am

Ok, this is Edwin's post about Mu Ming. And how will Mu Ming, retaliate?

Edwin does have a point to what he said. Well, in fact I find it logical.

> Mu Ming
Sometimes, we have to distinguish the difference between argue and debating. Sometimes what you think is debating, might be arguing to 'defend' your stand.

In fact i've found out something about you. You often say that you're wrong at times, which is not good, but you tend to also cover yourself up trying to say that being that way is good. So in a way, contradiction.

No hard feelings too k! Very Happy This is nothing to get hard about. =X
xing jie
xing jie
G. War Axe +
G. War Axe  +

Back to top Go down

Post by Edwin Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:40 am

Haha, my character is like him. Competitive. Debative. Since, I have found a debating partner, I will make use of this chance. (:

Just to let you know, I have lost the FIRST dota clan match in 6 years. I feel sore about it and have sworn I will win those noobs 10 consecutive times to patch up the scar.
Edwin
Edwin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xing jie Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:44 am

I'm competitive also leh... But I think I'm more quietly indulged. Haha... Well in that case, I can brush up my debating skills by debating with you guys. Very Happy

That must have sucked. Just meet them every week to thrash them loh. after 10 weeks, should be done, or less. Very Happy
xing jie
xing jie
G. War Axe +
G. War Axe  +

Back to top Go down

Post by Priscilia Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:54 am

edwin i thought u didnt play that day?
Priscilia
Priscilia
G. War Axe
G. War Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by Edwin Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:12 am

I did, in the end due to lack of players. Short of 1 because the last guy didn't come online.
Edwin
Edwin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Priscilia Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:17 am

oh okay..
Priscilia
Priscilia
G. War Axe
G. War Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by xing jie Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:31 am

Aiya,.... Then like this cannot count as defeat already mah. Is becos short of one player... Well, next time thrash till they KPKB loh... Haha!
xing jie
xing jie
G. War Axe +
G. War Axe  +

Back to top Go down

Post by Mu Ming Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:28 am

~~~Maybe I see where your problem lies. Simply one word. "Contradiction"
You've said that you want to be open, but however, because of your 'defensiveness'. you cannot be too open. And being to defensive against people is not something good, therefore you wish to change. However, you only believe in yourself, which means you cant change unless you want to change. And when you cant make yourself change, you'll never change.~~~

there's always a limit of everything ma. if i were to talk about how much i treat about my work, yes, it's all out. but there should be a balance between work and play too. wanting to change, i have to open myself up, test the water slowly, calmly, then when i realise it is good, i drink it.
it's because i only believe in myself, that's why im trying to open up just to listen to people's view. but doesn't mean im going to be brainwashed by anyone out there. so if there's no limit how much i want to change, i'll go smoke, go clubbing (doesn't mean no good but i still think it's not a good routine) instantly, because i don have to think, i just have to listen like kids and follow. but that's not my way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) When you said defending your view, have you sought the truth and facts behind it? If not, you wouldn't be called defending your view, you are simply being egoistic and full of pride. Furthermore, you said you like to debate with people, that is being debative. Not defensive. And oh wells, you have a competitor here. Me. (:~~~~~
2) You are saying that the more irrational your points are, the more you want to prove them right. But when it is illogical, it will never be logical to be right. Thus, again it is a matter of pride and ego when all you want to, is to prove your point being right to WIN. The word "win" has already shown how much you cared about your pride and ego.~~~~~

Oh too bad already, i like to "debate" with people only when i was 11-17. it's no more already, long ago. i find keeping quiet is a lot peaceful way of living. yes, i agree with you about the egoistic and pride thing. totally. well, i guess it's also notorious and rebellious ba. but oh well.. furthermore with the word, win. yes. that's something kind of crappy and childish though it's meant to "prove to ppl i'm good". it's all the past anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) You find people loving Michael Jackson as over rated. How much do you know about him? I just finished a show on channel 5; "Michael Jackson: Picking up the pieces" which basically talked about his entire life. The host said something which I cannot deny. "Michael Jackson is a part of everyone's life. Be it young or old, he plays a part" and tell me how will you deny this sentence. I will not call this a fact but I will say it is true. Every teenager, every pre-teen, every young adult, every adult and every old people would have heard Michael Jackson's songs at least once in their life time. He is a legend who created trends, he is one of the few nobles who made wrongs right. Thus, on the contrary I feel that this worldly sensation caused by his death is under rated. He deserved more than this.

true, i mean, basically he is not someone who im taking note of. perhaps is just wind in my life, meaning i wont see him though i feel him yet i didnt even care. but there's so many people out there to be worth taking note of. he is not one of them. and i have things that i wanted to do. but news often don't says nice things about him, so, in a person view of a person who don't care such a person in life, will feel that "oh, he's not wonderful and stuff." but that doesnt matter to me, since he is not an important person in my life. i wont research and find out is it true to that is he great or not. so perhaps this time, i'm willing to do so because of project ba. you can say it's no choice or what, but i still don't put him into my life, since there are alot other people that i admire. and i always believe there's no smoke when there's no fire. so, if i am a fans, i will support him, if im not, i wont. if im neutral, i wont even care.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4) You can have strong bonds without abrasion as long as you are understanding enough and forgiving enough. Humans are born sore losers. A slight abrasion can bring about a major destruction.

by being understanding enough or to forgive someone, our mind is already thinking, deciding if we should do so. no abrasion would mean nothing happens ba, to me. so if there's thoughts of forgiving or understanding, we are having abrasion already, mentally.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes, we have to distinguish the difference between argue and debating. Sometimes what you think is debating, might be arguing to 'defend' your stand.~~~
In fact i've found out something about you. You often say that you're wrong at times, which is not good, but you tend to also cover yourself up trying to say that being that way is good. So in a way, contradiction.~~~

yes, true enough about the arguing and debating part. like what edwin said, it's about pride or something. maybe debate is a better word to use to bring myself up, the past me.
i will always cover myself up because i believe anything has it's pros and cons. always look at the bright side. though because this MJ thing, i believe all the while i keep saying he's no good, because the few songs i heard from him, is totally a waste of electricity. those are for dancing i think, yet it cannot be called a song because he anyhow sings it. not like heal the world or something. so all the while, this is the one thing that i don't like about him, having a "song" which doesn't sound like a song, yet calls himself a singer. but well, his songs do sounds nice perhaps, after i listened to a few of his.

but i think i heard someone says that he is very inspiring in life, thus, motivates alot of ppl. i wonder is he the one who composed the song or.........?

whatever the case, i won't feel offended, because i've learnt and i have to move on. i will be happier if i learn from mistakes, thats why im trying to open now, yet to some extent to avoid brainwashing. but just to re-emphasis, i'm not someone who likes to debate anymore. or someone who likes to argue. because i see no big deal fighting over anything. i just build up my character and move on, because i have a future to reach, so i wont shoot people and hopefully they will change, unless they are important to me.
Mu Ming
Mu Ming
Silver Axe II
Silver Axe II

Back to top Go down

Post by Edwin Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:27 pm

Mu Ming wrote:
1)there's always a limit of everything ma. if i were to talk about how much i treat about my work, yes, it's all out. but there should be a balance between work and play too. wanting to change, i have to open myself up, test the water slowly, calmly, then when i realise it is good, i drink it.
it's because i only believe in myself, that's why im trying to open up just to listen to people's view. but doesn't mean im going to be brainwashed by anyone out there. so if there's no limit how much i want to change, i'll go smoke, go clubbing (doesn't mean no good but i still think it's not a good routine) instantly, because i don have to think, i just have to listen like kids and follow. but that's not my way.

2)Oh too bad already, i like to "debate" with people only when i was 11-17. it's no more already, long ago. i find keeping quiet is a lot peaceful way of living. yes, i agree with you about the egoistic and pride thing. totally. well, i guess it's also notorious and rebellious ba. but oh well.. furthermore with the word, win. yes. that's something kind of crappy and childish though it's meant to "prove to ppl i'm good". it's all the past anyway.

3)true, i mean, basically he is not someone who im taking note of. perhaps is just wind in my life, meaning i wont see him though i feel him yet i didnt even care. but there's so many people out there to be worth taking note of. he is not one of them. and i have things that i wanted to do. but news often don't says nice things about him, so, in a person view of a person who don't care such a person in life, will feel that "oh, he's not wonderful and stuff." but that doesnt matter to me, since he is not an important person in my life. i wont research and find out is it true to that is he great or not. so perhaps this time, i'm willing to do so because of project ba. you can say it's no choice or what, but i still don't put him into my life, since there are alot other people that i admire. and i always believe there's no smoke when there's no fire. so, if i am a fans, i will support him, if im not, i wont. if im neutral, i wont even care.

4)by being understanding enough or to forgive someone, our mind is already thinking, deciding if we should do so. no abrasion would mean nothing happens ba, to me. so if there's thoughts of forgiving or understanding, we are having abrasion already, mentally.

5) i will always cover myself up because i believe anything has it's pros and cons. always look at the bright side.

6)but i think i heard someone says that he is very inspiring in life, thus, motivates alot of ppl. i wonder is he the one who composed the song or.........?

7)whatever the case, i won't feel offended, because i've learnt and i have to move on. i will be happier if i
learn from mistakes, thats why im trying to open now, yet to some extent to avoid brainwashing. but just to re-emphasis, i'm not someone who likes to debate anymore. or someone who likes to argue. because i see no big deal fighting over anything. i just build up my character and move on, because i have a future to reach, so i wont shoot people and hopefully they will change, unless they are important to me.

1) You still do not get what we are trying to point out because you still refuse to take in the words. We don't seek to brainwash you. It doesn't make us richer. What we are trying to point out is your behaviour. It is very contradictive. You always said you want to change, open up and all sorts of crap, slowly and little by little. But let me tell you, from the way we see it that's not what you are doing. Basically, you are still stucked in your hermit shell, insisting on your POVs. You are not trying to change slowly, you are not moving at all.

2) Just from these few posts in this thread, I can tell you that you are still one debative person. You are still as competitive and egoistic. Because right now, you are still not accepting what we say and still trying to prove your point. Which to be frank, doesn't makes sense to me. Every word you said, contradicts yourself.

3) Don't call yourself as a neutral stand. It is still a biased stand. You don't care doesn't mean you are neutral. Judge your own words, contradiction again. You based your understanding about him on a FEW songs which you deem lousy and whatever the news said. What about when he donated huge amounts of funds for some children charity, and his other good songs which inspires a lot. Yes, there are good and bad sides about him, of which allegations' truths are still unknown. He was arrested for 15 counts of child molestation but was acquitted in court, why? I don't want to say he is innocent, the rest is for your own judgement.

4) The word magnanimity already covers everything for abrasion. It is generosity. Generosity has no abrasions. If being in a relationship and friendship, there is no magnanimity there will definitely be abrasions which is a double edged effect. Again, you are defending your points of view in yet again, a debative manner. Let me tell you, Xing Jie and I have been very close friends and there hasn't been any abrasions since our friendship started. Because we can think properly, and forgive each others' mistakes. If we don't change, we will simply remind each other and guide each other along. That is a friendship without abrasion and we are closer than any friends with abrasions. Or just do a simple test, quarrel with your family or friends every once a week. We don't talk about everyday. Quarrel with them and see what happens over 1 month. See if you are still as close.

5) Yet again, another contradictive sentence of how you are NOT trying to change. By covering yourself with pros and cons as logical reasonings, it is already a distinctive portray of you trying to hole yourself up and not accepting comments. It is good to look on the bright side, though over doing it will be harmful. I leave you to think about this sentence.

6) From the source: http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Heal_the_World#encyclopedia
"Heal the World" is a song featured on Michael Jackson's hit album, Dangerous, released in 1991. The music video features children living in countries suffering from unrest.

The song reached #2 in the UK Singles Chart in December 1992, kept off the #1 position by Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You." It fared less well in the US, reaching a peak of #27 on the Billboard Hot 100.

In a 2001 Internet chat with fans, Jackson said "Heal the World" is the song he is most proud to have created.

7) Though I still find that sentence contradictive, but good luck to your changing over. Whatever the case, I feel that you are not doing the right things to change.

- I am not offended but pretty much pissed off because of the things you contradict yourself. You talk about being the better man, but yet you are still debative despite your claims of it being your past and not doing the correct thing to tune your mindset. Sitting down and thinking about problems will not make you mature, neither will it make you become a better person. To change, whenever an advise is given it is either take it, or leave it depending on your judgement whether it is right or wrong. There is no sampling in character improvement. Also, another reason why I am pissed off and frustrated is because I am unable to stand people trying to become better, but not doing the right things because he is still hovering in his own shadow, not willing to take the major leap. Makes me pek chek only.

But my anger rating is only 2/10. So no worries about it.
Edwin
Edwin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mu Ming Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:15 pm

oh, okay.
Mu Ming
Mu Ming
Silver Axe II
Silver Axe II

Back to top Go down

Post by Edwin Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:15 am

Woots. I am excited for KTV, but a little sore throat. Let's not have the spoiler spoil the fun.

- You made me lose all respect in you, nothing more than an ant in life, passing me each day as any of your same colony would. But as easily as they walk past me, that is as easily as I will brush them off. Shut your judgmental eyes for a bit, look at the world with a naked eye and you will find that the world don't revolve around you and your family. Be an ingrate towards society and the society will treat you thee.
Edwin
Edwin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xing jie Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:51 am

YAY! I'm excited too! Sore throat ar? Drink some honey water to get rid of it loh. Some sore throats are not worth the attention. Smile

Hmmm... Normally for the whole colony, I would jus put insecticide to spray them and go to their main entrance to drop soap into it. They wouldn't be able to see light. Haha...

Times we meet obstacles ar, but let's not allow a little hump affect our road ahead. We'll just step on the hump, look further in front and continue walking. WEET!
xing jie
xing jie
G. War Axe +
G. War Axe  +

Back to top Go down

Post by Mu Ming Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:16 am

Regardless of anything, i will treat things positively. it's been a good learning experience from all of you, though i may not seemed to listen to any advice. I don't feel angry nor i'm someone worthy for everyone to feel so. But nevertheless, i would like to thank everyone for making the effort to voice out my problems, i will treat this event as the last lesson from everyone here and make sure i'll make the best use out of it. Truly, Thank you.
Mu Ming
Mu Ming
Silver Axe II
Silver Axe II

Back to top Go down

Post by xing jie Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:50 pm

Oh. Ok. We've learned too. Good luck.
xing jie
xing jie
G. War Axe +
G. War Axe  +

Back to top Go down

Post by Edwin Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:56 pm

Alright, if this is farewell, let it be.

If a minor setback is going to crush your spirits, then I have nothing to say. Goodbye, but Take5 will welcome you with open doors, anytime. As long as you read the constitution

(:
Edwin
Edwin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mu Ming Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:25 pm

haha nono, i'll stay and read, AND TALK WHEN MY MIND IS CLEAR, and make sure my words are correct, though it will be wrong still, sometimes, but i'll improve and not runaway.
Mu Ming
Mu Ming
Silver Axe II
Silver Axe II

Back to top Go down

Post by Edwin Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:37 pm

By staying away for now, is a form of running away. Adeline suggested to meet up with us as an entire Take5, but you refused.

I took that refusal as a form of cowardice to face up to your flaws others might pick on you. I believe you haven't been through standing on stage, facing over a hundred people, admitting to your past mistakes and to see over a hundred judgmental eyes looking at you as if you are some criminal. And at the end of your speech, just to hear one sentence from the trainer, "let's give this courageous young man a round of applause."

I have been through this crap and it doesn't feel good at all. I am one who get stage frights but to overcome myself. I took the INITIATIVE to go up stage to talk about my life. My past, my current and my future plans.

If you want to find out more about this course, there is no way you can attend it. It is a patented course and apparently, the company is no more.
Edwin
Edwin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mu Ming Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:43 pm

Yes, i agree so, one of the reason on that day is coward-ness. now im trying to take in slowly but make the best out of each and every flaws. though meeting at that post will not be as effective, but it's time for me to learn how to convey and take in.
Mu Ming
Mu Ming
Silver Axe II
Silver Axe II

Back to top Go down

Post by Edwin Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:34 pm

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Making the best out of your flaws? You mean you flaws can do you good and you want to amplify this point? And though meeting at that post will not be as effective is a sentence which I totally can't figure out.

And after so much typing, you are still trying it slowly.
Edwin
Edwin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mu Ming Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:51 pm

err, i guess i'll just concentrate on the other post for now first.
Mu Ming
Mu Ming
Silver Axe II
Silver Axe II

Back to top Go down

Post by xing jie Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:16 am

Hmmm... Seems that it's still the same eh.

Making the best out of the flaws. This really cracks my head. Please give me an example. I don wan to see it as wearing a defected shirt to town and still find it nice.
xing jie
xing jie
G. War Axe +
G. War Axe  +

Back to top Go down

Post by Mu Ming Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:02 am

okay, roughly like this..

at first im planning not to mix around here anymore, so i'll treat the flaws at lessons, meaning i'll make the best use out of this last event here, make sure i really kick them off.. something like that... but well, i think it's better to listen to comments and accept if i want, after all.
Mu Ming
Mu Ming
Silver Axe II
Silver Axe II

Back to top Go down

Post by Edwin Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:29 am

Sigh. After all we have been trying to tell you, you still don't get it do you? Or you just simply refuse to understand?
Edwin
Edwin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xing jie Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:36 am

rock
xing jie
xing jie
G. War Axe +
G. War Axe  +

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum