take5
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk about ANYTHING in the world here!

+2
Priscilia
xing jie
6 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Talk about ANYTHING in the world here! Empty Talk about ANYTHING in the world here!

Post by xing jie Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:35 am

Guys! The subject explains it all. Talk about anything here! Haha!
This Topic is to jus come in and reply anything that is posted here. Almost like a mass forum-MSN.... Haha!

Therefore, don't side-track other places. Thanks for the cooperation. Very Happy

However, do not be too random that it takes this topic too far off. Be constructive too.

Last edited by xing jie on Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional info)
xing jie
xing jie
G. War Axe +
G. War Axe  +

Back to top Go down

Talk about ANYTHING in the world here! Empty Re: Talk about ANYTHING in the world here!

Post by Priscilia Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:37 am

hahaha means only sidetracking here?
Priscilia
Priscilia
G. War Axe
G. War Axe

Back to top Go down

Talk about ANYTHING in the world here! Empty Re: Talk about ANYTHING in the world here!

Post by xing jie Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:44 am

Yes! Anything in the world! And grats for being the first patron! Very Happy

So what are we going to talk here? I scared Edwin later scold me for doing this... haha... But if this works out well, it should be ok lah... Very Happy
xing jie
xing jie
G. War Axe +
G. War Axe  +

Back to top Go down

Post by Priscilia Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:48 am

haha edwin sleeping he headache talk about mj cause i just saw his home video just now
Priscilia
Priscilia
G. War Axe
G. War Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by xing jie Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:54 am

Huh... He not coming on tonight ar? He was telling me that he's cold in office. Hmmmm... And he does sound kinda sick... Maybe he was just slping LOL!
xing jie
xing jie
G. War Axe +
G. War Axe  +

Back to top Go down

Post by Priscilia Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:58 am

i not sure. but he tell me he sleeping.=) he dont feel good.
Priscilia
Priscilia
G. War Axe
G. War Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mu Ming Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:58 am

i wanna eat fish and chip.............
Mu Ming
Mu Ming
Silver Axe II
Silver Axe II

Back to top Go down

Post by xing jie Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:00 am

>Pris
Hmmm... So did he mentioned if he is going to work tmr or something?

> Mu Ming
Haha... You missed Fish & Co ar? That time Edwin and I almost ate till we vomited.. Hahaha! But the fish and chips like became smaller already...
xing jie
xing jie
G. War Axe +
G. War Axe  +

Back to top Go down

Post by Mu Ming Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:05 am

lol no la, talk about anything ma, so ya, it's raeally something random that just typed out randomly! hahaha, must be healthy soon liao, recently whack western food, prata, sweetsssssssss, cakes, choco............................=.=!!!!!!! porridge for the next few days!
Mu Ming
Mu Ming
Silver Axe II
Silver Axe II

Back to top Go down

Post by Priscilia Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:06 am

>xing
nope. he didnt say about work.

>muming
dont make me hungry!
Priscilia
Priscilia
G. War Axe
G. War Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by xing jie Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:09 am

> Pris
Damn... That means he might not even wake up to go work.... So tmr I might be lonely again.... haha!

> Mu Ming
-_- Pls.... be random with something to do with urself... Not totally random and nothing to follow up with. Ok... Well... I didnt really mentioned random anyway. haha!
xing jie
xing jie
G. War Axe +
G. War Axe  +

Back to top Go down

Post by Priscilia Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:10 am

HAHAH!!!! xing have u seen the new thread i post in colour theory?

u know what after watching the video of mj, i find it really impossible for him to molest a boy because although he's 50, his one big kid -.-
Priscilia
Priscilia
G. War Axe
G. War Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by xing jie Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:20 am

There is new thread?! Hahaha... I think it's good to let me know that you've got a new thread, cos I always forget to check them out... LOL... okok going to read now...

Ohh... I believe that it's all stories cooked up to destroy and tarnish his name. And I bought the 8 Days!!! YEYS!
xing jie
xing jie
G. War Axe +
G. War Axe  +

Back to top Go down

Post by Mu Ming Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:27 am

wa, you know hor, just now i saw a crispy chicken, super super tasty looking ahhhhhhhhhhhhh 10 miles away, i smelled it already~~~~~~~

haha alright xing jie, wanna talk about MJ? i want to love him now, until this semester ends! i need to know him better Very Happy

Last edited by Edwin on Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double post. - points!)
Mu Ming
Mu Ming
Silver Axe II
Silver Axe II

Back to top Go down

Post by Priscilia Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:29 am

MUMING! stop talking about food make me hungry.!!!!
xing i think so too. i think that they are jealous thats why they do that,
Priscilia
Priscilia
G. War Axe
G. War Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by xing jie Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:36 am

-_- Ok.... Let me edit.... Talk about anything constructive!

Anyway... As for MJ, he's known seen as a POP icon... Do not only like him or love him just becos you have a project to work on.

For instance, I hate Shuan Paul to the MAX... But if I'm supposed to do research about him, I will still do it. Not to the extend that I have to fake my feelings to like him so that I can score better.

As for MJ, if you only like him jus becos your project, it will only be an insult to him and his fans. Like Edwin and I said. It's not about liking him which will make you score better in your assignment. It's about how much you've found out about him, good or bad to present and put it into your assignment. If I have to say what's bad about Shuan Paul, I would and good stuff, I would as well... As a neutral stand.

I travel to the west side, doesnt mean I have to make myself like the west side. Simple enough?
xing jie
xing jie
G. War Axe +
G. War Axe  +

Back to top Go down

Post by Mu Ming Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:24 am

hey hey =.= don't get insulted. i was just joking around. i mean, i wasn't his fans or anything because i listen to other genre. but somehow when this sad thing happened to him, everyone is really sad, and all i see was RIP MJ. anywhere. so i was wondering how great is he, because i'm totally unaware of him, but only his name. oh ya, now i want to love him, so i have to know him, for projects yes. but i would like to see how great is he, because if seeing how everyone around me is acting due to his death, i supposed tha he's someone great. perhaps i would become his fans soon. and i like his heal the world and i'll be there!!!! woo.!
Mu Ming
Mu Ming
Silver Axe II
Silver Axe II

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluedoors Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:13 am

"now i want to love him, so i have to know him, for projects yes."
Mu Ming, you still don't get what Edwin and Xing Jie have been advising you. Perhaps you got what they meant, but you insist in your way.

It's really alright if you do not want to take their advices, or do not agree with them. It's perfectly alright, just that sometimes you're way too stubborn. It's good to believe in yourself, but it's a problem if you are over-confident.

Sometimes, don't keep insisting in your way, it might not turn out good. Let's take the thread(Entrepreneurship) you post as an example. I were the first to read, and after reading, I told you the post is way too long. I suggested posting only the point you need the readers to comment on or to give suggestions, however, you insisted in putting up other points as well, which make the post so long that no one is actually reading it. You might receive more than 1 suggestion/comment if you were to emphasize on your point/question only, and you would benefit from it, wouldn't you? Out of your 16 paragraphs, can I say only 25% is what that is relevant and would need help on?

You said you only change when people you respect give you advise, these people you respect might not be 100% right, be it in work, or life. Even the best make mistake, you learn something everywhere you go, not just from people you respect. Everyone living deserves our respect, in one way or another.

I might not be in the stand to comment on anything, and I'm sorry if you find this post offensive. I am not pissed off, neither is Xing Jie(I believe so). I make the effort to tell you your problems(maybe you don't find them as problems) just because of 2 reasons.
1, you are my friend. I can't possibly leave you in lurch, when in my opinion, these problems might be a hinder in your work, maybe not now, but in years to come, perhaps.
2, you are in Take5, yes it's not something to be "WOW" about, but just by conversing in this forum, I'm sure there's some bond within all of us already. Thus, I hope there would not be any conflicts or unhappiness between anyone of us.

Here again, I have to assure you that none of us is pissed off with you.
I apologise again if this post is offensive, or is redundant to you.
Bluedoors
Bluedoors
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe II

Back to top Go down

Post by Mu Ming Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:04 am

Yes, i really believe so. way too stubborn already. but just for everyone's info, i'm not trying to say i don't respect anyone here. i believe everything happens for some reason. eh, well, i wouldn't want to elaborate why i'm this stubborn though i'm really trying to kick it off.

it's kind of human's nature actually, my. but i wouldn't want to give in to my nature. perhaps it's to have a calmed mind first like how i had, 12 weeks ago, before school starts, so that i can really quietly sit down and stand in the neutral side. i'm someone who adapt the the surroundings, not the way im born to be.

everything i'm trying to do is to take a small step at once. im someone who would keep on telling myself one side and totally closed my ears. perhaps over all the years. about this MJ thing, i'm trying to open up a little. what i wanted was to open up and see if he is really that great and that's why everybody's reaction is this over rated. i couldn't possibly changed 360degree now, not for anyone, but for myself. like i usually said, i'm a slow adaptor, yet i'm fighting against it now, due to recent events.

so perhaps this time i'm willing to open up and see for myself, is the person i'm condemning, really that good for everyone to cry over him or not. but of course, neutral stand. soon, slowly, though might take months or years, i would really stand in the middle always, so, now, truly, i would like to apologise for any "insensible" comments, still trying ba.

""You said you only change when people you respect give you advise, these people you respect might not be 100% right, be it in work, or life. Even the best make mistake, you learn something everywhere you go, not just from people you respect. Everyone living deserves our respect, in one way or another.""

perhaps i'm too defensive? i think i heard my tkd instructor said that years back. it really takes time for me to really listen to someone. "respect" as in, for my brother's case, i wouldnt want to listen to him, maybe because he's not doing something that's "right" for me. seeing what he said about how important off days are, yet still wasting them and complain that it is boring, seeing how he wasted over the poly years, still continuing his lifestyle while being elder than me, i expect more from him, because my mum is hurting badly and my parents are too kind to even comment because they want us to choose and be good, on our own, yet he is still like this....., going into some course because of friends, of course, he does enjoy the years, really, perhaps i'm too career minded cos of my own past life so he's someone different world to me, perhaps i shouldnt use respect, but people who does have common interest as me. common thinkings. i can't, for now, take in all the advice people from all over the lifestyle. i need time, i need "respect" and i need trust, in order to open up, again, i'm too defensive. but anyway, i'm glad that he's walking towards to have his passion after the talk we had recently. glad.

perhaps everything has their pros and cons. just like you said, everyone deserved respect and everyone has their own good point of view. but i think being defensive is still good to some extent that i won't changed due to peer pressure, because i choose my own life. if someone taunted me to smoke, saying that i'm some coward, i'll really smile and say no. looking at many youngsters around, always get taunted like this, because of the "agrressiveness of youth?" eh don know what's the word for this phrase, i felt foolish yet pity for them. some choices they made because of peer pressure is never reversible, some.

so ya, i'm stubborn, scared to take in new things, because i'm tryng to be mindful always, what i want, should i want, or must i want it. that's why im defensive, thus, not opened up. i'm slow to thinkings though can be deep. too deep to ensure that everything is going to be fine, when i opened up, thus, takes time. of course, no one's going to wait, have to change and improve real fast to ensure i'll survive out there when i can work outside. so now is to think faster, yet, still deep, but calmly.

once again, i apologise for any offensive comment made for the past few weeks. hope everyone understand just a little small tiny weeny part of me Very Happy

Last edited by Mu Ming on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding missed out points.)
Mu Ming
Mu Ming
Silver Axe II
Silver Axe II

Back to top Go down

Post by Edwin Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:30 pm

Alright, cool it. I do not want any disputes or unhappiness in this forum. I hope my point is made clear.

Adeline and Mu Ming, come to principal office NOW! Lol, Joking.

@Adeline
I believe you misunderstood him. Let me just quote him again using the same sentence you quoted him and perhaps you will see it clearer.
Mu Ming wrote:now i want to love him, so i have to know him, for projects yes. but i would like to see how great is he, because if seeing how everyone around me is acting due to his death, i supposed tha he's someone great. perhaps i would become his fans soon. and i like his heal the world and i'll be there!!!!
The bolded word "But" is a clause here, meaning to say apart from liking him due to project, Mu Ming has already started to respect the legend himself. The underlined sentence would be the supporting statement, because he find that MJ is someone great. It is as simple as this.

I am glad that you are thinking in a mature sense, be it in friendship, forum or at life itself, you have grown. However your vulnerability lies in matters of the heart.

@Mu Ming
What Adeline said is very true. When I first read your post, I didn't really want to read it because it is too long. Apart from that, what you were elaborating on isn't in your job scope and you seemed to be talking about things you are supposed to do. But because it is in the Tuition Centre, and by committing to this forum, I will commit whatever knowledge I have with you all. So is the same for Xing Jie, as the older ones around we will share and take care of this forum like a kid. Of course, we want this kid to grow up by itself. Steadily and sensibly. Everyone have their own flaws, we all know and we respect that.

It is impossible to change someone in an instant. It is good to know you are trying to change. But perhaps, let me touch on being defensive. When someone taunts you to smoke, smiling to them and rejecting is not a form of defense. It is simply because of determination. Defense is when you are working and you know that there is this particular colleague of yours who always bad mouth you. Thus, you come up with a strategic plan to uphold your own honour and integrity to prove his words wrong. This is defense.

I will end this post here and I do not want similar tones in future text like that. Please be slightly more sensitive to how the other person will feel due to the words and tones you used.

Now you all inspire SgTalks! to come back.
Edwin
Edwin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Priscilia Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:39 pm

make a comeback la!! ahahaha
Priscilia
Priscilia
G. War Axe
G. War Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by Edwin Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:40 pm

If SgTalks! comes back, it will be in this forum. No more blog.
Edwin
Edwin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Priscilia Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:48 pm

oh..okay, i prefer blog!
Priscilia
Priscilia
G. War Axe
G. War Axe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mu Ming Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:15 pm

haha alright de principal edwin!

about the defensive part, what i mean was that, perhaps my meaning of defensive is different ba. meaning i would also defend my view, since i always stand on one side, and usually i would be at the opposite side, because i used to like to debate with people. the harder and illogical my view is, the more i want to win! so ya, maybe i don like him because everyone likes him? cos i still find that it's over rated. so defensive to me is partly also to not having an open mind. thus, might not be good in the future.

about the tone thing, yes, it may hurt. but there's this time adeline asked "what is the tone you want me to use when we are talking about such a thing"? so, perhaps it's a tone of frank and honesty. when we really have to "critique", we can't possibly make it in joking tones and thus, the whole ambience of the speech isn't inspiring.

but afterall, everyone forgive each other and move on ma! so i guess it's alright! without abrasion, bonds are not strong no matter what.

Last edited by Mu Ming on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo!)
Mu Ming
Mu Ming
Silver Axe II
Silver Axe II

Back to top Go down

Post by xing jie Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:08 am

> Ade
I'm not actually angry or pissed, but just abit irritated, but i'm fine the next morning! Lol... I guess different people has different ways of listening to advise. Mu Ming, Edwin, Me, You, Pris, anyone.. I believe so... Haha..

> Mu Ming
Maybe I see where your problem lies. Simply one word. "Contradiction"
You've said that you want to be open, but however, because of your 'defensiveness'. you cannot be too open. And being to defensive against people is not something good, therefore you wish to change. However, you only believe in yourself, which means you cant change unless you want to change. And when you cant make yourself change, you'll never change.

This is so far what I've read. Yah, the MJ thing, just forget about it. It actually don matter if you like him or not. It's just your impression of him. We're just trying to tell you about taking sides. And don't worry, I'm not insulted, because i'm not really a fan. It's just that I look up to who he is and how he lead his life.

Now that we've know this little teeny weeny bit of you, we'll look forward to know more of you. Haha! Well, do consult us if there is anything that you would like to discuss. JUST, make sure that you don have a whole compo for us to read. Smile

> Edwin
Brother, don't worry. If we start to quarrel in this state, there will not be enough people left already!!! Lol... So we love each other as a small group. Very Happy
xing jie
xing jie
G. War Axe +
G. War Axe  +

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum